- Minimum Players
- Max Players
NEW: Release 2 of Nibbler doubles the number of mazes you will encounter and improves the responsiveness of the controls. Gameplay difficulty has been made a littler fairer, so you should be able to get further into the new waves that you might have done before... but be warned, it rewards good players with the same faster speeds!
About the game
Nibbler is an arcade game released in 1982 by Rock-Ola. It was notable for the first game to offer scores over over 1 billion which stirred up some competition for the first person to cross that threshold.
Vic Nibbler is a remake of the arcade game for the Commodore Vic 20 computer (with +3K RAM expansion) and shares many features of the original game.
How to play Nibbler
Nibbler is easy to play, but difficult to beat!
- Clear each maze before time runs out
- Do not let Nibbler bite itself
- Nibbler does not stop at corners
- Nibbler grows longer when it eats
- Time decreases faster when nibbler does not eat
- Bonus is time left at end of wave
- Extra Nibbler awarded after 4 waves
- Nibbler will slow down a little when you lose a life
Vic Nibbler can be played with keys (Q,A,O,P or I, J, K,M) or with a joystick.
The Vic 20 version does not need to gobble your quarters/10p's so it starts off at a reasonable pace. The difficulty will soon ramp up with each wave. How far can you get?
- Don't wait at T-Junctions too long, Nibbler will get hungry and the timer will speed up! Eat food as soon as possible!
- Hold the joystick or key direction to not miss your turning!
- Don't be too greedy, plan your route and ensure you don't get trapped!
Hope you enjoy the game.
- Aug 4, 2019
- Buy Physical Media